Review: L`Oreal Elvive Extraodinary Oil Curl Nourishment Masque

So for this week, I am having my hair in a protective style which I did myself. But more on that later, I opted to wash and then treat my hair by applying the L`Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Curl Nourishment masque onto my hair for a full day. 🙂 I must say this range has been available for some time, and when I popped into Foschini Beauty in January - last month, I decided to give it a go.


Loves
-Beautiful Packaging (Although it clearly indicates its for very dry/curly/afro hair)
-Great smelling product
-Don`t require a lot of product to deep treat hair
-Sits well on hair buttery texture, no mess formula
-Affordable 300ml tub - R89 Foschini Beauty
-Easily available : Foschini beauty stores and beauty outlets
-Leaves hair soft and moisturised
-Includes AMLA oil and 6 precious flower oils (lotus, chamomile, tiare, sunflower, rose and flax)
-restores hair`s elasticity and provides shine



Hates
- Depending on the type of hair you have, formula could easily weigh down your hair
- The product contains mineral oil, which might be the reason why my hair ended up feeling
a tad dry in some areas. As mineral oil is known for clogging pores, or hair shaft, preventing nourishment to deeply reach your hair strands. 😦
-Masque contains glittery elements which went all over my hands, I`m not a fan! 



Should you try this product?
Yes, if you are a natural or not. Why? Because overall its more good than bad for you. After using this masque and rinsing it off my hair felt  way softer than before, and more manageable which would make it easier to curl I would say as it was more nourished. I plaited my own hair into single box braids, and that`s my style for this week.  The braids should be way easier to take down, as my hair is not knotted or stressed before hand. My rate: 4.2/5

Comments

Popular Posts