Review with Before and After Pictures: John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper -In Shower Hair Colour Treatment



A week ago Rubybox http://rubybox.co.za/ sent me the John Frieda in shower hair colour treatment. And although I have been doing some reading up on all 3 of the variants, I am still so very sceptical on just exactly how this in-shower hair colour treatments will work out.  Also, I should mention I have never coloured my hair before with a permanent or even semi-permanent hair colour so this is completely new to me.  The only hair colour I have done and experimented on my hair with in the past is Henna, which was more than 4 years ago.  Here is some more information on the products I received.  *Please note: The colour I will be testing and reviewing is the Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper Colour Deepening treatment.


I am running a competition on my blog to give away one of the other two variants and also one of the Deepening Brunette.  Over the past weekend I went to my nearest Clicks store and priced each shampoo and conditioner that goes with each of these treatments. Shampoo and Conditioner retails at R99 each.

Brand: John Frieda
Available: Clicks stores Nationwide
Size: 150ml
Price: R155
Colour: Dark Brown
Texture: Smooth cream/conditioner like texture


About the treatment:
Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper Colour Deepening Treatment 
A darker more lustrous look can be created in just minutes of using this in shower hair colour treatment. Any Brunette shade can easily be deepened with rich hues. Just replace your conditioner with this treatment and use at least once a week. Faded hair colour can easily be evened out providing a darker, richer brown colour all over one's head.  With a unique blend of cool tones and hair smoothing technology, a deeper brunette colour with added shine is developed over time and use of this treatment.  This product is safe to use on natural or colour treated hair and also hair that has had either low or highlights.

The Other two variants I received and which are up for grabs in a competition on my blog (competition closes: 19th October so enter! ) is Brilliants Brunette Visibly Brighter In-Shower Lightening Treatment and Sheer Blonde Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment.  Please see below for an idea of how these products look.

Both the go blonder and brighter brunette treatments consists of two pouch like tubes, which should be used together.  Since I am not testing or reviewing either one of these variants, I unfortunately cannot open these tubes to show you exactly what the product looks like.  Sorry ;-(  Enter the competition to win one of these two products! Fingers crossed.

Warnings:
This product is not recommended for any blonde or grey shades of hair.
Hands should be rinsed immediately after use of the product.  For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes.  Avoid contact with household surfaces to prevent staining.  Always do a patch test beforehand, as product contains ingredients which may cause a skin irritation. Do not use this product on eyelashes or eyebrows.
* How to do a patch test: 48 hours prior to use, clean a small area of skin behind one ear or on the inner surface of the forearm with soap and water.  Apply a small amount of the product and allow it to dry.  Rinse after 24 hours with soap and water. If no irritation or inflammation occurs the product is safe to use with any likelihood of sensitivity. 

Ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Esters, Erythritol, Fragrance, Benzoic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Lactic Acid, Disodium Edta, Basic Yellow 57, Basic Red 76, Glycine, Behentrimonium Chloride, Malic Acid, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Basic Blue 124, Propylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract.

Directions for use:
For best results use in conjunction with Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper colour deepening shampoo. Wet hair and massage a good amount of treatment evenly through wet hair.  Comb the treatment through hair and leave on for 5-10 minutes.  Rinse well.  For deeper colour leave on for a maximum of 10 minutes. Use as often as desired.

Before Photos of my Hair:




Texture and Colour of the product:
Dark brown in colour, conditioner like cream texture

My Experience with the Product:
When I initially tried out the product, I was very scared as I thought its a chemically based product, which would 1- harm and damage my hair, and 2 - make it smell like chemicals.  But this in shower hair Deepening treatment from John Frieda did neither of those two things.  I was pleasantly surprised, as my hair actually did go a tone or two darker, it was shiny afterwards but somewhat harder.  I don't know if this hardening texture is due to me being a natural, which means I don't chemically treat my hair with relaxers, straighteners.  However, after a day or two of having done the treatment my hair went back to its usual soft self, and I really had no problems with it.  I should mention, that since I used no gloves the palm of of my one hand did stain a little but was easily restored back to its usual tone with the help of water.  My new colour is what I love most, and with time I will continue using this Brilliant Brunette, In shower Treatment as it really works well.  Repurchase: Yes Rating: 4.5 / 5





P.S: Thank you Rubybox and John Frieda for allowing me this opportunity to test and review this product.  






Comments

Popular Posts