DIY Winter Face Mask/Clay Mask

I thought I would let you all in on at least 3 DIY at home masks.  During winter my skin takes on a lot of stress, because I have sensitive skin.  So I often use a mask to just relax my skin whilst taking a bath or just having some me time.  For DIY recipe`s for facial masks read on.

This is me, getting my clay mask on, and no I have to confess I did not create or mix it up myself, I just don't have time for that right now. ;-)  Plus, I have two clay masks from Avon which I am currently using.  The one I used is to tighten pores and the other is for blackheads.  Please see the second picture for more details on these masks. 

Me - playing around! ;-)
 
 Clay Masks from Avon.  One to tighten pores (left), one for blackheads (right).
 
 
Egg White Mask:
This mask works well for those of us who suffer from enlarged pores, or even oily skin.  Whip or beat an egg white, and apply onto your face and rinse off after half-an hour.  Your skin will feel refreshed and even look healthier.  In winter it will even form a barrier to protect your skin against winds.

Banana Mask:
If like most ladies, you have a combination skin, try mashing one banana and adding a little cream to it.  Smooth onto your skin and rinse after half-an hour.  The mask will smooth and moisten your skin leaving it soft and all moisturised ready to face the harsh winter outside.

Chocolate Facial Mask:
Yes, I know its yummy but it can also be great for your skin.  Dark chocolate is most definitely the healthier choice and not just when it comes to eating it.  When the chocolate is applied as is, there are compounds in the chocolate which can lead to the skin benefitting thereof.  Mix 1/3 cup of cocoa powder, 1/4 cup honey, 2 tbsp. cream/plain yoghurt and 3tsp oats.  Apply onto skin and rinse after 15 minutes.  Not only will your skin smell yummy it will have soaked up all the goodness from the cocoa powder too, and it will show.

Hope you ladies, can make some you time, for just you and use your facial masks, they really work! ;-)



Comments

Popular Posts