Caring for my Denims- Here`s how...

 
Photo Credit:  Alieexpress.com
 
If you never knew, I'm very holy over some of my denim jeans, and people always wonder how I go about caring for `them jeans`.  Well, I do follow some guidelines when it comes to my jeans and the good news is, I am going to let you in on it.
 
1.  When I was my jeans, I FLIP THEM, inside out.  Not only does it keep my denims from fading, it also protects any decorative add-ons and even keeps my tears from going further.
 
2.  Instead of washing your jeans in warm or hot water, wash them in COLD WATER.  Yes, you can set your machine to do this, and even put it on a dark cycle.  To me, the cold water, keeps the colour in, which is why I stick to it, especially when it comes to my darker denim jeans.
 
3.  If you really, really want to get your hands wet, literally why not WASH YOUR JEANS BY HAND.  If your jeans were very expensive trust me, you would want to treat them `special` in this way ;-)
 
4.  Now I know some of you ladies and gents wont agree with me on this one, but your JEANS DONT NEED WASHING EVERY WEEK! This I have even told my boyfriend before, and he just looked at me weird.  Jeans or rather denim fabric is one of the most toughest fabrics, and if you don't mess on them weekly, there is really no need to wash them every week.  Plus a few odd marks, here and there, will even give it some character.
 
Photo Credit: wheretogetit.com
 
5.  Leave your jeans to dry naturally with ONLY AIR/WIND.  Less damage is caused in this way than chucking them into a tumble dryer ladies.  Even if its winter, rather leave them on a drying rack than throw them in a tumble dryer!
 
And these are my basic tips for caring for my precious denims, now you are in on my little secret too! ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts