Product Review: Palmer`s Cocoa Butter Formula: Scar Serum

I was so happy when Palmers South Africa sent over Palmer`s Cocoa Butter Formula: Scar Serum with Vitamin E.  Little did I know that I would not as planned use this little miracle worker on only my stretch marks, but also on a nasty burn from a fire which I got on a day out at the beach with my boyfriend at Maidens Cove in Cape Town.
 
To give you a little idea of what the product looks like, see picture below. The serum comes in a 30ml glass cylinder, so its rather smallish, and it retails for +/- R195 -R196.65 depending on where you purchase it from.  Pricey but worth every cent!  Its available from Clicks and Dischem Pharmacies.
 
 
 
 
The Cylinder works with a pump motion, which means no mess, no fuss and you can control how much of the serum you need to pump out on every instance.
 
 
As per the instructions on the back of the box, you can apply the serum 3-4 times on a daily basis to any affected area for best results.  The main ingredients are Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E oil, Shark Liver oil and Silicone and lastly, Allium Cepa.  Below, you can see how each of these key ingredients helps in the prevention and reduction of marks and scars.
 
 
My experience with the product: Firstly, I should mention that I have been using the product for longer than a month on my particular burns.  Initially I did not like the texture and consistency of the product, as its rather sticky and thick, but it does form a moisture-proof barrier while soaking into your skin (burns/scars/marks).  For me, this product had absolutely no smell at all, however as I am not a lover of silicone I did pick up on that, but that's just me being over sensitive.
 
 
 
Now, I should warn you that the photo`s following are of  two burns on my right index finger, which  received from a braai fire (flames) as previously mentioned.
 
The initial burns (excuse my chipping nail-polish- lol)
 
Three weeks, after consecutive use of Palmer`s Cocoa Butter Formula: Scar Serum- remember to only apply the serum once your wound has completely closed up/healed. My burns took about 4-6 days to dry out.
 
Currently! 
I know right - I am very happy, no scars from the burns are left that's really visible and good news-I am still working on it!
(**,)
 
Would I purchase this product and or recommend it?
I would definitely recommend it to anyone with stretch marks, burns or marks.  However, the severity of people`s different marks, burns and stretch marks, could mean using the serum for longer or shorter periods, which is unique to each person using it.
 
Then also, if my bottle runs out, which is almost a reality I am going to purchase another, as I love the size I can take it all-over with me and also I know for sure that it works so I really wont waste my money!
 
Thank you Palmer`s South Africa for sponsoring me this product and for allowing me the opportunity to test and review it.
 
Regards,
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Comments

  1. 100% true, Palmers products are just fab. I believe, Palmers has changed lives of people in terms of how they feel towards their body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing the tips you can also check haute her Lip Products tips for skin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossip and internet stuff and this is really irritating. A good blog with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for making this site, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
    hair oil for long hair

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts