Why I am Natural..

I just scrolled thru my Facebook, and found this poem by an Unknown writer, and it explains exactly how I feel about being Natural and having Natural Hair in South Africa.  So to all my Natural Haired Divas stay strong, and let's keep going- embrace what God gave you, and just be proud of what you have in its true form! 😉

" What are you looking at?
Why do you stare?
Is it because you do not 
understand the complexity of my 
hair?
Let me enlighten you.
Maby shed a little light.
I wear my hair natural, it is my 
birthright.
My Strands:
For years I abused and tortured it,
I was addicted to the creamy 
crack.
My hair is now sober and there's no
turning back.
You see I like the way my strands 
twist, turn and curl up tight.
Rebelling against society's 
demand that they lay flat without
a fight.
They have a heritage, a lineage 
with soul stirring stories to share.
They have earned the right to be
free, so go head and stare.
Society has failed to make them 
conform, despite how hard it tried.
My hair is just like me, beautiful, 
resilient and full of pride! "
~ Unknown


Please feel free to leave any comments, or thoughts on this matter!  #naturalhairsouthafrica #southafricannaturals


Comments

Popular Posts