Travel Diaries: Throwback to my Northern Cape Visit and Experiences

I know it ain't Thursday, but Wednesday today but this morning I woke up missing the Long Road and experiences from our Northern Cape Visit, which occurred in December of 2015. 🚙
I loved everything about visiting the Northern Cape, but just to warn you the weather is extremely hot and humid that way out, especially in the latter part of the year. The day we arrived in Carnarvon, the temperature was 43 degrees celsius, and the only thing that saved me was the air conditioning at our Bed and Breakfast as it took my body some time to get used to the heat.  People of the Northern Cape are so friendly and we literally received the best service ever at the Bed and Breakfast we had stayed over at for the 5 days we were there. 🏡😃Carnarvon is so beautiful along with many other places I had seen and experienced along the way, such as Williston.  Roads are open and wide with mostly bushveld to view and animals  every now and then. Below you will find a few pics to give you some idea of what we had experienced on our trip to Carnarvon. Feel free to add any comments etc.

The first picture on the left, was taken on our second or third day in Carnarvon whilst driving to Skietfontein, a small residential area just a few kilometres out of Carnarvon.  What captured my eye was the long road in the background and the beautiful clear blue skies with clouds showing off to us!


The picture on the right above, is of me on my way to the Northern Cape, probably about halfway into our journey.  Yes, I might have been tired of hitting the road early, but I was so excited! 😉
The above picture was taken at my Boyfriend's grandma`s place, how beautiful and can you imagine having a windpump in your backyard.. And yes, that's my car on the far left, so proud of my scoobie, she has by now, 2017- done three trips to the Northern Cape and not once has she let me down #opelding #mycaristhebest 

And yes, the picture above is again of my hand, not being bored at all. I just had to capture the moment. I got up early the morning to paint my nails, cause yes I couldn't go on the road with my nails 💅 not painted! And my christmas present was a watch to myself and how awesome did my hand look, with that beautiful mountain in the background! 🌄

The marvellous view from the Vanrhyns Pass (R27) which took my breath away. I must admit it gets pretty high up and I felt so scared at times, taking pics with my selfie stick.  How beautiful is this picture, the ground below looks like a `lappies kombers` all sewed together.  

The road leading to Skietfontein, which is a small residential area. Be prepared to experience a few bumps here and there, as there are no tar roads in Skietfontein. I say its all about the experience, so just enjoy the ride.


Yes, these are actual chickens how amazing was it to go and check them out.  And let's leave my Carnarvon visit with these babies.  I will definitely go back to visit this beautiful part of our country. I feel every South African should explore S.A first before going to holiday overseas. What's your take on this.. drop me a comment.



Comments

Popular Posts